Some companies that are known for having large remote workforces at that time included:
- Amazon: Amazon, one of the world’s largest e-commerce and technology companies, had a substantial number of remote employees, particularly in roles such as customer service, software development, and more.
- Dell: Dell Technologies, a multinational computer technology company, has long been a proponent of remote work and employed a significant number of remote workers.
- Salesforce: Salesforce, a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) software company, offered remote work options to many of its employees, even before the pandemic.
- IBM: IBM has historically embraced remote work and had a substantial remote workforce. However, it’s worth noting that IBM has undergone changes in its remote work policies over the years.
- GitLab: GitLab is a company known for its fully remote and distributed team. They provide tools for software development and have been a pioneer in remote work practices.
- Automattic: The company behind WordPress, Automattic, has a distributed workforce, and many of its employees work remotely from various locations worldwide.
- Zoom Video Communications: The company that became ubiquitous during the COVID-19 pandemic for video conferencing and remote collaboration, Zoom itself employed a remote workforce.
- Twitter: Twitter allowed many of its employees to work remotely even before the pandemic and offered permanent remote work options for some roles.
- Facebook (now Meta Platforms, Inc.): Facebook, now known as Meta Platforms, Inc., announced plans to expand remote work options for its employees, especially in the wake of the pandemic.
- Microsoft: Microsoft began offering more flexibility in remote work options, including hybrid and fully remote roles, to its employees.
Keep in mind that the prevalence of remote work can vary by industry and company culture. Additionally, the number of remote employees at these companies may have changed since my last update, as remote work policies evolved during the pandemic. To get the most up-to-date information, I recommend checking the latest news and the careers or jobs pages of these companies.